Introduction
  Theoretical Thinking
  Integrative Art
  Stories
  Exotic Artists
 
  Chinese Gongbi
  Chinese Xieyi
  Gongbi & Xieyi
  Chinese Mogu
  Chinese Baimiao
  Ink
  Gouaches
  Pen Drawing
  Flower and Bird
  Landscape
  Portrait
  2026
  2025
  2024
  2023
  2022
  2021
  2020
  2019
  2018
  2017
  2016
  2015
  2014
  2013
  2012
  2011
  2010
  2009
  2008
  2007
  2006
  2005
  2004
  2003
 
[<<] [<] [>] [>>]
Title: Ms. Leah Hamilton �C the Director of Arts Administration Program at Drury University and the former Executive Director of Springfield Regional Art Council and I, Feb 28, 2014
Artist:
Size:
Completed Time: Feb 28, 2014
Remarks:
Ms. Leah Hamilton - the Director of Arts Administration Program at Drury University and the former Executive Director of Springfield Regional Art Council, was one of my first sponsors.

It was she and Mr. Brad Bodenhausen �C executive manager of Springfield Area Chamber of Commence gave me the first opportunity to have an art exhibition at Creamery Art Center, it was Ms. Stephanie Cramer -- the Director of Programs and Exhibitions of Springfield Art Council arranged everything for me. Then, I just started my art dream in Springfield. So, if there was no their good help and effort, there would not be my today.

With a grateful heart, I called her days ago, and she was out of the town. But, on the last day that my art exhibition was finished, she came back Springfield and found a time to come to the art gallery in the quite cold and windy morning on the last day that my art exhibition would be finished.

I was so happy to see her and I showed her what I have done since we met last time in May, 2010. She was surprised how my paintings have changed so much. I told her, that should owe to my Alma Mater and professors in Beijing.

I felt so nice that her favorite painting was -- Chi Le Ge -- Chi Le Song. And its music is my favorite, I have really spent most of time and energy on it. So, sincerely, I invited her to sing it in English for my new DVD.

I was really happy that she would like to do it but she needed me to change my Chinese numbered musical notation to be staff.

I do think it is a good thing for me to learn to do by the good help of my music professor. :-)



If you have any questions, comments and suggestions, please write to shirley@ebridge.cn . You are welcome to publish your opinions in Message Board as well.


Shirley Yiping Zhang


March 7, 2014